For Immediate Release
May 4, 2017 Contact:
Waste Reduction Coordinator
Recycling and Trash Collection
City’s Final Spring 2017 Bulky Waste Clean-up is This Saturday May 6
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. – The City of Fayetteville’s Recycling and Trash Collection Division is reminding residents about the final Spring 2017 Bulky Waste Clean-Up this Saturday, May 6 from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. City crews expect this clean-up event to be busier than usual because of recent storm damage and University students moving. Clean-up events provide an opportunity for Fayetteville residents to dispose of large, bulky items that cannot fit into a normal trash cart. The City hosts eight Bulky Waste Clean-Ups each year – four in the spring and four in the fall. Clean-up events are open to City of Fayetteville residents; please bring a recent copy of your water bill to verify your residency.
Bulky Waste Clean-up Event Locations (May 6, 7 a.m. – 2 p.m.):
- Yard waste is not accepted at the Bulky Waste Clean-up event, but is accepted at the City’s Compost and Mulch Facility; the facility is open this Saturday from 8 a.m. to noon. More information is here.
- City officials are encouraging residents with storm-related waste to drop off at the Happy Hollow location. This will help minimize transfer times for both City staff and residents.
- E-waste (televisions, computers, electronic items) are only accepted at the Happy Hollow location during the event.
- Washington County operates a Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Collection Center, accepting hazardous and special waste such as tires, electronics, sharps, fluorescent bulbs, etc. There may be a fee to dispose of certain items. The county site is located at 2615 Brink Drive in south Fayetteville. The hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and the first Saturday of each month from 8 a.m. until noon. Their phone number is 479-444-1725.
- Recycling & Trash Collection Facility (1560 S. Happy Hollow Road)
- Church of Christ (303 W. Center Street)
Details on what items are accepted can be found on the City’s website here
. For more information, please contact the Recycling & Trash Collection Office at 479-575-8398 or visit us at www.recyclesomething.org